Monday, October 29, 2007

i am 30.
I am 30.

hmmmm....i feel a little different. but that's just the part of myself that decided that it would be nice to feel different, i imagine. i am still me, of course. continuous me. throughout my teen years and into my twenties, hell, even when i was 29 (just three days ago) i felt like 30 was sooooo fucking old. you were doomed at 30. you're in it for sure. what exactly? not sure...adulthood i guess. but, i still feel the same more or less. i change everyday and yet not change. i evaluate my thoughts, feelings, experiences at varying levels every moment and then re-evaluate them. i think if anything has changed it is my ability to appreciate this fully. i feel like i've taken some things for granted. hell, i take most things for granted...it's how i can survive the day. if i didn't i'd probably be so overwhelmed with gratitude for everyone and everything that has impacted me throughout this day and all the other days of my life that i could do nothing but cry. and i'd be grateful for that too.

as cheesy as it sounds, each day IS a gift. my heart is full.


No comments: